Wednesday 14 January 2009

Wednesday

I had hoped to try anf get some pictures of the Waxwings in Thorpe. However, the hoped for lifting of the fog was not imminent, so I detoured to Strumpshaw on the news of Mealy Redpolls. Arriving at the car park, I was surprised at how many cars were present. After a wait, five Mealy Redpolls appeared at the top of the Alders and then moved across the car park. Later I found out that at least ten were present, with a couple of Lesser. About 100 Siskins also moved through.

A visit to the Fen Hide produced a single Kingfisher, female Marsh Harrier and displaying Teal, but the fog was not lifting, so there seemed little chance of a Bittern being seen. The noise levels increased as we were informed of a shoot using the local land adn this, combined with a close chainsaw, saw me leaving after a short period.

No comments:

Post a Comment