Saturday 7 May 2011

My 'Spring Collection'

This spring has been very unusual: bright and warm! Even though the winds have often had southerly and easterly aspects, the lack of cloud and rain has lead to little 'classic' opportunities for spring birding. The occasional Rare has flown around, backwards and forwards, but the finds have been few and far between.
With that, here are my favourite pics so far:



 



The latter two flight flocks represent my personal highlight of the spring: the large numbers of both Bar-tailed Godwits and Whimbrel. Regular flocks of 150 - 200 Godwits have been swarming up and down the coast (I even managed 9 flying SW over Swanto Morley - not a common bird here!). A flock of up to 60 Whimbrel was seen over Burnham Norton, easily my largest, and small groups were regularly found in coastal fields. Lovely!

Contact: E-mail: dnorgate21@googlelive.com Mobile: 07749779149

No comments:

Post a Comment