Monday 9 May 2011

May 9th: Pre-continued!

With a change in morning circumstances, I was needed in the dropping off of my daughter in south Norfolk. Having done so, I decided to try for the White Stork at Alderby. There was now sign, but amongst the many loafing gulls, I was able to pic up two Yellow-legged (adult and 2ish sum) and a 1st sum Caspian Gull (not pictured!)

Also present were a male Pintail, Cetti's Warbler and a high-flying Hobby.

From here I had a choice: Strumpshaw for Swallowtail, or Lowestoft for Iceland Gull. I only rarely venture out of Norfolk, but the thought of a May Iceland Gull won the day (thank goodness!) There seemed no sign at Gunton beach, where a female Ring Ouzel chacked away as it flew. Back at the car park I noticed the Iceland Gull much further to the north. I decided to drive round, but by the time I got there it had disappeared. However, a showy Dunlin gave some compensation.




At Minsmere, breeding Barnacle Goose and Black-headed Gull had an altercation!


Contact: E-mail: dnorgate21@googlemail.com Mobile: 07749779149

No comments:

Post a Comment