Wednesday 15 April 2009

Wishful Thinking

Most of the morning was spent at Strumpshaw, where 8 Marsh Harriers kept me company, as well as singing warblers, including my first Reed Warbler of the year. A Red Kite through NW at 10.30 was a nice find. One Little Egret was seen, but no Great White.
From here I made my way to Breydon Water, where the American Golden Plover was showing well, with an interesting count of 23 Sanderling. A 1st year Ringed Plover was seen, but no Kentish. (forgot to mention that some have heard the plover call and it gave a Spotted Redshank like call!)
The viewing was disturbed by confusing news from Titchwell, where Birdguides stated a Red-rumped Swallow flew west at 12.40, whereas RBA stated east at 12.50.
My naivety made me think it light be lingering, so I made my way over. With no news I stopped off to see if there was any sign of the Montagu's (early, I know, but rumours...) two of Buzzards, Marsh Harriers and Kestrels were seen.
Decided I needed to know the RrS story, which transpired to be an unknown single observer!
I even managed to miss 4 Common Cranes, although did note 2 pairs of Ruddy Duck and a ring-tailed Hen Harrier.
Final stop was Choseley, where a singing Lesser Whitethroat was seen, as well as a male Ring Ouzel.





No comments:

Post a Comment