Wednesday 13 May 2009

Topsy-Turvy Day

Having seen the Citrine Wagtail, I decided that a lie-in was in order. However, when it became apparent that there was a movement of Black Terns, I made my way back up to Cley. Six Black Terns were seen before I even got out of the car, hawking over South Pool. These seemed to quickly move on and then another 10 appeared. This continued with groups of 3, 3, 6, 2 and 5 all moving through, with a couple always remaining over the pools (so about 35 birds seen). The Citrine Wagtail showed well from Bishop's Hide and Temminck's Stint, 26 Knot, 17 Dunlin, 4 Greenshank and 2 Common Sandpiper were also noted.



Due to pick up my daughter, I returned home, when news of the Blyth's Reed Warbler at Burnham Overy came out! A guilty phone call later and I was on my way. However, negative news allowed my morals to take over and I returned to pick up my daughter in Winfarthing (near Diss). But then news of the Kentish Plover at Cley was received! I was supposed to be taking her swimming, but a little talk later (and the promise of the 'beach') and off we headed. We arrived in the hide to negative news and waited despondently until it was fortunately picked up again. Mark very kindly allowed me a look through his scope and this was enough! Another 25 + Black Tern were seen, along with the Temminck's again - what hectic day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, we have just linked your blog to our local blogs list on the http://www.WavewneyValleyBlog.com it always shows your latest post. Any chance of a reciprocal link? Kind regards Nigel Bedingfield, email@WavewneyValleyBlog.com

    ReplyDelete