Monday 29 August 2011

Cley Revisted: In Better Light!

Decided to return to Cley yesterday to see the Red-backed Shrike and try to get some better pics of the Red-necked Phalarope. The Phalarope was not playing ball and people were using extra caution when viewing the Shrike! A second visit to Cley coincided with a good showing from the 8 Spoonbills that were present (after a while, anyway!)  Also on Pat's Pool were up to 30 Curlew Sandpipers and a few Little Stint. A brief sea watch produced a Manx Shearwater and a few Arctic Skua, not enough to make me feel an early start would be that profitable (although the, 'Mega Norfolk Yelkouan Shearwater', this morning from Cley made me rather regret that; but then again, I would have been at Sheringham, where the Shearwater was not picked up; but then again, I might have picked it up and made a name for myself; but then again...)
(I also dipped the Burrowing Owl from Saturday, and, yes I did look for it!)




Contact: E-mail: dnorgate21@googlemail.com Mobile: 07749779149

No comments:

Post a Comment